We LOVE cooking beautiful meals using products from our fabulous brands. We hope you love them too.
PREP: 5 MINS COOK: 20 MINS SERVES: 4 Recipe prepared by San Elk
1 1/2 cups of Arborio or Carnaroli rice
4 teaspoons of San Elk Vegetable Stock dissolved in 1 litre of boiled water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
3 tablespoons of finely chopped dill
150grams of smoked salmon slices
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
HOW TO MAKE
1. In a saucepan, heat oil on low and add rice. Stir to coat the rice with oil and slightly fry.
2. As soon as you notice the first signs of browning, add 500ml of dissolved stock into pan. Be careful as this will steam quite heavily.
3. Stir lightly and then cover. Maintain on low heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
4. When liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 250ml of stock. Replace lid and continue for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once again, when liquid has mostly evaporated, add another 125ml of stock along with peas, cream, dill and salmon. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until peas are done. Remove from heat.
6. Risotto at this moping should be slightly runny. Add a splash of remaining stock to moisten if necessary.
7. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parmesan cheese for a delicious meal.