Well & Good Gluten Free Hot Cross Buns Recipe.
Photo by Manny NB on Unsplash
You will need
- 1 packet (400g) Well & Good Gluten Free Crusty Bread Mix.
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ tsp. mixed spice
- 1 ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. (25g) margarine
- 1 ¾ cups (450ml) of warm water
- Sachet of dry yeast (included in box). If your box contains two sachets use both.
- 1 (50g) Gluten Free dusting flour
- 1 cup (100g) sultanas
For the Cross
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan forced)
- In large bowl combine sugar, margarine, yeast and sultanas with warm water and mix well; then add spices and gluten free crusty bread packet and stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined. Let the dough prove for 15 minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, gently knead the dough until elastic (1-2 minutes)
- Roll the dough in to small round balls and arrange closely on a prepared baking tray, brush buns with water to prevent cracking. Cover with a damp tea towel and let the buns proof for a further 35 -45 min.
- For the Cross; mix ½ cup of well and Good, Gluten Free SR flour with ½ cup water, spoon the mix into a piping bag with a fine tip, or a plastic bag with a small hole.
- Before you set to bake brush each bun with a little oil, using the mix in piping bag cross in the centre of each bun, and set to bake for 16 – 18 minutes.